Vastu Shastra :-
Vastu Shastra is an ancient guide for a positive home, right from the entrance of a house to the bedroom, kitchen, bathroom, outdoors. It is successful because of its connection to the science of building a home or any structure to ensure that peace and harmony continue to flow throughout the land.
Common Things :-
- The entrance to the house should be towards the east as it is considered an auspicious direction.
- The north direction signifies prosperity, as such this part of the house should not be blocked in any way
- Placing mirrors in distinctive places in the house can support health and happiness.
- If the house has a slope, it should be from south to north or from west to east only
- Avoid putting up paintings or pictures that depict violence or sorrow
- The Main door is the entry for the energies in the house, keep it clean and decorated for attracting wealth.
1. Home Entrance –
- The main entry point of your house should face the north, east, or northeast direction.
- The master bedroom in the house should always be in the south-west direction and he northeast direction should be avoided.
- Make sure the bed is not placed directly below a beam.
- One should always sleep with their head towards the south.
- Bedrooms should be absolutely clutter free, especially the area around where you place your head while sleeping.
- Children’s rooms should be constructed in the northwest corner of the house.
- Avoid sticking furniture to the wall as it blocks the flow of positive energy.
- The kids’ bedroom door should open clockwise and be free of any boards or signs, as these can encourage negative energy such as anger, clashes, aggression, and conflicts between children and their parents.
- The colour scheme in a kid’s room should be mild yet cheerful.
- The study table should be placed in a way so that the child faces the east, north or north eastern corner of the room. The computer should be kept in the southwest corner.
- The living room should always be in the north direction.
- The south and west corners of the room are ideal for keeping furniture.
- Air-conditioners should be placed in the west and avoided being put in the southeast direction.
- Bathrooms should be constructed in the north-west direction.
- Make sure the bathroom has sufficient ventilation and natural lighting.
- Sanitary and bath fittings must be of good quality and should work smoothly over the years. If broken, they should be fixed immediately.
- The kitchen should be located in the southeast corner of the house. Northwest corner is also an ideal location for a kitchen.
- All cooking should be done while facing east or north.
- In this room, avoid using black tiles or paint on the walls or on the furniture.
- South, west, southeast and northwest are the ideal locations to place the refrigerator.
- Kitchen appliances such as mixers, juicers, microwaves and toasters should be kept in the southeast corner.